Thursday 20 August 2015

I am timid as a human, but I am brave as insect.


"Brave insect" is my favorite work in the GDAD show. When I came to the showroom, my eyes were attracted from this work. It looks like a head of goat with white skin, but has a little difference. After read the introduction, I found the work is totally unexpected, and very interesting. Firstly, the work's name is brave insect, which is hard to associate with big size of the work. Secondly, the designer comparing himself to an insect living in modern society, and has to feeling everything, sensitively to protect himself. He is smaller than a human and bigger than insect. The designer use a sensitive way to perform his idea, it is easy to make sense and also full creativity. Finally, I asked the designer why he chose the wool and cotton as the materials. He told me, the touch of wool and cotton are similar with human’s skin. If a shirt is a symbol of sociality, it seems just an insect’s shell as well.



I think this work is not only express designer’s feeling about modern society, but also explored a weak situation that most of people living in the modern society, with much anxious and sensitive, even fear, but still have a hope in their small universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment